It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here! I just love this time of year. The house seems so warm and full of delight in every corner. I always decorate for Christmas on Thanksgiving weekend so the house is ready for all the parties and hosting we will do this holiday season. This year I finally bought matching stockings to hang by the fire. One for me, one for my son and one for our cats! Do you gift your pets for the holidays? We do! We have had a lot of fun watching them dig into their own stocking full of treats and toys. They have almost as much fun as my son does on Christmas morning.
This year, we ran out to Target to take advantage of this awesome deal. Purina has teamed up with Target this holiday season to make it easier than ever to truly treat your pet. They are offering a high value in-store text coupon offer which will allow you to save $10 off any $40 purchase of Purina products. Because no Purina products are excluded you can truly stock up on all of your pet’s favorites treats and food, and even grab something a little extra for the holidays. My kitties will love these!
Bandit was too interested in what I was doing and had to get in on the fun while I was wrapping and stuffing their stocking! I decided to finally do something I have wanted to do for years. I crafted paw print ornaments for each of our cats and dated them so we will always have a special reminder of our sweet pets every Christmast as we decorate the tree. Be sure to see the full tutorial at the bottom of the post.
Come Christmas morning when they get to finally “unwrap” their goodies, they are going to have so much fun!!! And I will be stocked up on all of their favorite food and treats for the season!
So starting on December 4th, be sure to stop by the pet aisle on your Target run and take advantage of Purina’s high value in-store text coupon offer. On December 4th, you will be able to text PETS10 to 827438 and you will receive a Target exclusive coupon to save $10 off a $40 purchase of Purina products. How cute are those sweet animals on the poster of the pet aisle?!?
So, you want to make your own paw print ornaments for your tree this year? These would make great gifts too for any of your pet loving friends and family. This is so easy to do! The key is to use air drying clay which you can find in any craft store on the clay aisle. You could also use oven bake clay but I love the simplicity of the air dry clay. It’s really light weight and dries overnight and is super easy to mold.
- Roll out some air dry clay and cut with a large circle cookie cutter. Create a small hole for your ribbon with a small circle cutter. I actually ended up using the end of an icing tip when I couldn’t find my tiny circle cutter.
- Press your pet’s paw onto the center of the circle. The clay will remain soft for a while so you have plenty of time to get the impression. I didn’t like the first couple of prints that I made so I just rolled it out again and started over until I liked what I had.
- Paint the impressions of their paw print so it stands out a little more. Be sure to take a pencil and mark their name and date on the backside so you will remember which one belongs to which pet. My grandmother made us ceramic ornaments every year and always scratched her name and year on the bottom of each one before she had them fired. I love seeing that on each ornament as we hang them year after year. I have some dating back to the year I was born!
- String your ribbon and let the ornament dry overnight. Once it dries completely, you can then use a sharpie to write their names and the date on the front of the ornament if you like. How sweet is that?
Hope your pets get a little extra love this holiday season! With the business of all the fun, the parties, and the hosting, it’s easy to forget to stop and give your furry friends a little extra love. Because loving our pets makes living bigger!
Starting the week of December 4, 2016 you will be able to access a special high value Target exclusive coupon to save $10 off a $40 purchase of Purina products when you text PETS10 to 827438. (Note: Data and messaging fees may apply and vary based on individual mobile carrier. Not all mobile carriers and plans may support the text coupon offer system.) Just text and claim the offer anytime from your phone. How convenient is that? The high value savings this offer provides, and the convenience of being able to truly buy any of your favorite Purina products at Target makes gifting your pets this holiday a no-brainer. Give your pet a little extra love during the busy holiday season.
For more Purina fun, get social with them:
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/purina
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/purina
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/purina
- Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/purina/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/purina/?hl=en