Holiday party week is here! I am really looking forward to all the gatherings we are hosting and the ones we are going to this week. I recently shared a party planning guide but this week I wanted to share my top 5 tips for preparing for hosting your holiday party.
1. Prepare delicious treats! I have a hard time picking my favorite holiday recipe but I have pinned some great recipes on my pinterest board.
2. Yummy Drinks! I love a good hot chocolate bar. Make sure you have plenty of toppings so your guests can have fun making their own cup of hot chocolate. A printable sign is a great way to invite your guests to help themselves.
3. Use festive plates and cups. Holiday gatherings are the perfect time to bring out the festive partyware. It is always fun to use every opportunity to carry your holiday theme throughout your home. That includes what you are serving and what you are serving it on.
4. Make your home smell wonderful! I love a good stovetop potpourri. I keep a pot on the stove all month long and refresh it from time to time. It is so easy to do! Just slice an orange and put it in a small pot along with a couple of cinnamon sticks, whole cloves and fresh cranberries. Heat it on high until you hear the cranberries start to pop. Then turn the heat to low and simmer. The sweet spice smell will delight your senses.
5. Deep clean your home. We have two long haired cats and they love to be near us wherever we are. They will find a spot on the rug and curl up while I am busy preparing for the party. And when I move into the next room, they follow.
My vacuum recently broke and I tried to make the best of cleaning by using my dust vacuum and a lint roller, but seriously, that was not working! So I got a great vacuum for my daily needs. But I also got the new BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Carpet Cleaner to deep clean my rugs. I was AMAZED at how dirty my rugs really were. And I was honestly shocked at how much extra cat hair was cleaned from my rugs. I vacuum regularly and there is no visible pet hair on the rugs but when I deep cleaned my rugs, there were handfuls of pet hair in the tank every time I emptied it.
While I was at Target, I picked up BISSELL 2X Pet Stain & Odor Remover and their Pet Oxy Boost Carpet Cleaning Formula for an extra cleaning boost. I have a rug in my bedroom that my cats love to lie on and no matter how much I try to spot clean, it always shows dark areas and stains. The Pet Oxy Boost Carpet Cleaning Formula enhancer is designed to permanently remove tough pet stains, guaranteed. I am thrilled at how clean it is now!
The best part about the new BISSELL ProHeat 2X Revolution is how quickly you can clean your carpets with its Express Clean mode—leaving carpets dazzling and dry in just one hour. Two rotating power brushes and antibacterial formula will ensure your home will be party perfect for your guests.
My home is now #CleanForTheHolidays so let the festivities begin!
Be sure to visit BISSELL on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Pinterest to learn more about the various benefits of the BISSELL Scotchgard Formulas. And I am excited to share an amazing giveaway with you just in time to get your home #CleanForTheHolidays too!
The contest runs from 11/16 – 12/31 and three prizes will be awarded! (1) $500 Visa gift card and (2) $250 Visa gift cards. So click on the link below and enter to win now. What are you planning this holiday that you are getting your home #CleanForTheHolidays for?
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #CleanForTheHolidays #CollectiveBias
Febreze is a trademark of P&G; with rights granted
Scotchgard is a trademark of 3M; with right granted