This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #DataAndAMovie #CollectiveBias
School is out for summer and there is no better way to celebrate than to have the kids over for an outdoor movie party! I always loved watching movies outside but wanted to find a way to enjoy them at home. Turns out, it is so much easier to set up your own DIY outdoor movie than I thought. I will be sharing all my tips after the photos. School’s out, so let’s kick off the summer together!
5 Steps to Set Up Your Own DIY Outdoor Movie Party:
1. Invite your friends! Printable invitations make it quick and easy to invite everyone over. I love to have the parents hang out too and enjoy appetizers while the kids watch the movie.
2. Set up a Popcorn Bar and Movie Candy. Pop your own popcorn on the stove in a large pan and put servings into fun party bags. You could also use brown paper lunch sacks. Put some popcorn seasonings out on the table and a printable sign for your friends to create their own popcorn flavors. Have a bucket of different movie candy boxes to choose from and you are ready for showtime. Printable food labels bring your party to life!
3. Serve up Starlight Soda. I like to serve party punch in a large drink dispenser with cute cups and party straws. This way, you don’t have wasted soda from the can and you can display your drink with a cute printable movie clapperboard sign.
4. Set up your Movie. Our outdoor garden has two columns in the breezeway. I wrapped thick white photographer paper around the columns and it made the perfect screen. You could easily tape together white poster board to make a screen as large as you want as well. The thicker paper/poster board provides a great screen and when the movie is projected, you can’t see the seams. (Just be sure to tape from the back and I recommend using clear packing tape for the paper/poster board).
5. Choose your movie. With our Walmart Family Mobile PLUS Plan, we get a free movie on VUDU every month which makes it so easy to stream and connect to our movie projector! Just redeem the code ($7 value) and enjoy the show!
A tip: I do recommend using an external speaker instead of the one built into the projector. It will allow the movie to be loud enough for everyone to enjoy!
Sit back, relax, and enjoy your movie under the stars. There is nothing quite like a good movie outdoors in the summer air under the moonlight. We plan to watch all of our movies outside this way and look forward to hosting friends and family all summer long.
So want to know more about this awesome free movie deal from VUDU? The Walmart Family Mobile PLUS Plan = Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data includes up to 10GB of 4G LTE plus a free movie on VUDU every month ($7 value) per line for $49.88. With 10GB of data, I can do everything I want without worrying about running out of data. I can stream my favorite shows, a free movie a month, play all the games I want and keep up with my blog and social media accounts too!
There are so many phones to choose from at Walmart. I chose the LG K7 phone for $89.88 which is a new available phone option. If you purchase the LG K7, you will need to purchase the Nano Starter Kit, and for the first time ever the starter kit will be on rollback for $19.88 (from $25). Since Family Mobile bills you later, you only have to pay $19.88 when you sign up.
- Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to http://cbi.as/3edbv or your local Walmart for current pricing.
So how will you kick off summer this year? Will you try an outdoor movie in your yard? I’d love to hear about it! Leave me a comment and share your tips with all of us.