It’s game day! Want to surprise your guests with the ultimate snack stadium for the Big Game? I’ve got an easy tutorial for you to make your own snack stadium that is sure to wow your guests! Be sure to scroll down after the photos to see our step by step directions to make your own stadium.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameDayGlory #CollectiveBias
1. Gather Your Supplies. You will need the following to create your own snack stadium:
- Three sheets of 20″ x 30″ Foam Core Board (I found mine at my local craft store for $2.49/each.)
- Football Field Table Runner (You can get one here or if you prefer, you could use a piece of artificial turf that you can buy at your local building supply store.)
- Ruler (I prefer a metal ruler with cork back to use as guide for cutting.)
- Cutting Blade and Mat
- Spray Glue
2. Cut Your Foam Core Board. Keep one board uncut. This will serve as your base of your snack stadium. Use the guide above to measure and cut the other two boards. The 6″ cuts will serve as the perimeter of your stadium and the 4″ cuts will create the interior sections. Just tape the pieces together to create the layouts shown in the photos below.
3. Attach your field. The table runner is a bit wider than we need so to be sure that all of the yardage numbers show, I just folded the runner to make it more narrow and then I used the spray glue to attach it to the base. This helps keep it in place when you are assembling the stadium. If you are using artificial turf, this is when you will attach the turf to the foam core base.
3. Add Interior Borders and Sections. Now it’s time to add the interior borders and sections. A tip: Set all of the pieces inside the stadium and adjust spacing if needed before you tape anything down. Once you have them aligned, then you can tape them into place. Reinforce interior sections with tape. When I first made my stadium, the section of candy created more pressure than my initial tape could hold so I reinforced it with more tape and it held beautifully!
4. Fill Your Stadium with Snacks and Added Decor! Now it’s time for the fun part! Fill that stadium up with all of your favorite game day snacks! Some of our favorites always include SNICKERS® FUN SIZE®, Skittles®, Diet Pepsi™ and don’t forget the TOSTITOS® Scoops and TOSTITOS® Chunky Salsa! Another tip: I lined any sections for unpackaged food with parchment paper before adding the food just to be safe.
I stopped into my local Walmart where they had these game day palates set up with our favorite snacks! Be sure to look for them. It makes it so quick and easy to grab what you need to feed your guests. And the chip aisle had all the dips and chips together, so that was great too.
Now that your food is taken care of, add decor to your stadium with our FREE PRINTABLE game day grub stadium wrap, flags and food labels, and sandwich wraps. You can download them below by clicking on each name below. Please only use these for personal use and if you want to share them, please be sure to link to this original post only (no direct links to the pdf files please.) FREE PRINTABLES:
I would love to know your game day ideas! Share them with us below and leave a comment. And if you build your own snack stadium, post a pic! I can’t wait to see your creation!
UPDATE: Guess what!?! Now you can vote for your favorite snack stadium and be entered in the #gamedayglorysweepstakes for a chance to win a $100 Walmart eGift card or Xbox One. So what are you waiting for? VOTE NOW!